Executive Proposal Project
· Use the Case Study presented in this document, to complete an executive proposal.
· Provide a three to five page proposal summarizing purpose and benefit of chosen security software to the executive management team.
· The student will evaluate and test security testing software for purposes of testing corporate network security. The purpose of the software is to measure the security posture of the organization by identifying vulnerabilities and help prevent future attacks and deter any real-time unknown threats.
· The proposal should effectively describe the software in a manner that will allow the executive team members to understand the purpose and benefits of the software to approve purchase.
· Evaluate and select a security tool for recommendation that you learned about in the iLabs modules or the EC-Council text books.
· The proposal document must be 3 to 5 pages long, conforming to APA standards.
· At least three authoritative, outside references are required (anonymous authors or web pages are not acceptable). These should be listed on the last page titled “References.”
· Appropriate citations are required. See the syllabus regarding plagiarism policies.
· This will be graded on quality of research topic, quality of paper information, use of citations, grammar and sentence structure, and creativity.
· The paper is due 4 October 2017.
The purpose of project is to write an executive proposal for a fictitious company called Medical Solutions Systems. The goal of the proposal is to persuade the executive management team to approve purchase of security testing software that can benefit the company’s corporate network security by testing and identifying vulnerabilities before they are exploited by hackers. The proposal must include a detailed description of the software, its purpose and benefits.
Medical Solutions Systems
Background and your role
You are the IT Manager hired in 2015 to manage the physical and operational security of Medical Solutions Systems’ corporate information system.
The executive management team of Medical Solutions Systems:
The proposal should include:
The software should test for one or more of the following types of attacks:
Corporate Office Network Topology
The Medical Solutions Systems main research and development facility is located in Reston Virginia. You have concerns about the sensitive information that is stored at this location as well as data that transmitted over the WAN to Medical Solutions Systems’ New York City headquarters location, business partners and clients. The Reston facility is also where the Medical Solutions Systems data center is located. The data center is where Medical Solutions Systems’ public website, email, databases and corporate intranet are hosted. The environment contains a mix of Microsoft and *NIX technologies.
· 45 Windows 2012 Servers
· 13 Windows 2008 Servers
· 15 UNIX Servers
· 2200 Windows 8 Desktops
· Web Servers: Apache and IIS
· Services: FTP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, VPN
· Database: SQL, Oracle and MySQL
· Network: Cisco Routers and Firewalls